CPSOA's Project: Tanzania II

Personal commentaries by students and staff attending the trip as well as updated trip information.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

from cheyenne

the love that i have for tanzania grows bigger and bigger each day. i had a pen pal two years ago from the orphanage named erasto lazaro. he had sent me a letter and i kept it these two years. on it he had drawn an ndege (bird). i brought the letter with me hoping to actually meet him. today was that day. after visiting the school and going on house visits, which was a remarkable experience for me, mentally and emotionally, i finally met him. he was 16yrs old and we were both excited and speachless. it was an incredible moment in my life. later on that day we performed mini "malaika" outside in the dirt. it rained and when we hit the ground, dust came up like a smoke machine! they said we made it rain blessings on them. before we left to go back home, i saw my penpal at the orphanage. he had walked from his school to give me 3 paintings that he had created himself. they were amazing and my heart just dropped! i'm going to see him again tomorrow and i absolutely can't wait. i know was the day to recognize the wonders of tanzania!! p.s. love you mom, miss you everyone, but i'm ok and having a great time! ~cheyenne

2 Comments:

  • At February 12, 2009 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Lucy I. said...

    wow to meet your pen pal
    how great is that, now he has to come and visit you in California

    keep up the great work and shine shine shine!

    ps
    dont pet the dogs

    love you

    lucy

     
  • At February 12, 2009 at 7:10 PM , Blogger bobbyrosa said...

    Cheyenne,

    hello it's your dads cousin Bobby.
    Listen we are so excited for you and your experiences. It sounds like you're having a blast! I have some friends from Tanzania and I was wondering where exactly you are? My friends Dennis and Lulu are from Dar es salaam ( I think thats how it's spelled any case... cool connection. I wish to go soon to enjoy what you are enjoying! Be safe. Know we are happy to hear from you via your mom and are looking forward to more updates!
    God Bless,
    c you soon
    Bobby

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home