CPSOA's Project: Tanzania II

Personal commentaries by students and staff attending the trip as well as updated trip information.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

from julian

today was fun. we were dancing hip-hop at a school - the massai warrior hip dance when it started to rain. it felt like we were in the movie, "step up 2 the streets." we were dancing in the dirt and mud. all of the africans were freaking out. then we went to an orphanage and performed the mini "malaika" show. after that we taught them two songs - "mapambano" and "jambo rafiki." it was surprising how fast they learned. ~ julian

5 Comments:

  • At February 12, 2009 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Lucy I. said...

    It is great to hear that you are having so much fun. I know Sara must of loved the Hip Hop.

    Keep sending Africa rain.

    Keep up the hard work.

    Lucy (sara's mom)

     
  • At February 12, 2009 at 10:46 AM , Blogger Alex said...

    I love your blogs!! Everyday I check to see what you posted. I'm sooo happy that you get to live this great and amazing experience. I'm sooo proud of you and the school. May blessings continue to fall upon you, cpsoa and Africa!!! Keep smiling, singing and dancing your heart out.

    I love you lots!

    Mama

    p.s. mommie says she loves you and misses you alot!! And Cailyn too.

     
  • At February 13, 2009 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Rudy said...

    Love u Julz. Keep up the good work!

     
  • At February 13, 2009 at 5:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Hey Julian,
    I am glad that you are having such a good time in Africa. I wish your mom, sister, and I could be there to share this amazing experience with you, but dancing in the mud you? in Africa? WOW!! Anyway your mom and I look foreward to reading your letters and the experiences your are having with the rest of your school mates.

    Love your dad,
    Jaime

     
  • At February 19, 2009 at 10:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Julian, it fills my heart with joy to know that you are living an unforgetable experience. Your light is shining from half way across the world. I wish you the absolute best little man. And remember to keep those memories and feelings alive. Know that we all love you. Cucu.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home