CPSOA's Project: Tanzania II

Personal commentaries by students and staff attending the trip as well as updated trip information.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

from sara

today i opened my eyes and my heart to tanzania. today was a day with a lot of thanksgiving and thinking. when i woke up today, i thought i was going to just say hi to children. i was asbsolutely wrong. the watoto looked at me as if i was someone famous! we walked the halls of some of the schools of arusha. we introduced ourselves to some of the boards and teachers of the schools. then we introduced ourselves and our talent to the kids. the smiles on their faces were remarkable. i have never felt so uplifted in my life! we also went to visit some of their homes. this is where my heart opened. the first home was in a massai warrior village. i saw the most beautiful kids. i asked one of them their names and he said it was sani. he was the baby of the family. his 16 yr. old brother takes care of him and their family. his mother has died of aids and his father is very ill as well. i look up to him in so many ways! it's heartwarming to know a 16 yr old would take up the respsonsibility for his family. today is a day i will never forget and cherish. i miss you all! you're in my thoughts always. ~ sara

7 Comments:

  • At February 10, 2009 at 8:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sara,

    You writing about that profound experience really touched my heart. We hear about how bad things are or the rough challenges other people face but it's a bit startling to actually see it, huh? I pray for all of you. I pray that you continue to bless those you come in contact with (directly and indirectly)...that you will encourage and inspire them...that you kids (the adults already do by having CPSOA) will come back home with that same fervor and make a difference in lives here in our own community, state, country. May God continue to bless and protect you all and bring you back safely. I'm very proud of you all!

    -Mrs. Sanchez

     
  • At February 10, 2009 at 8:55 AM , Blogger Vivian said...

    Sara I am so proud of you, evrything got started in Him and he planned this before you ever existed. Your life is a blessing given by Gods Loving Hands. Remember I love you and I am so proud to watch you grown not only in faith but into an amazing young lady, enjoy this experience.

     
  • At February 10, 2009 at 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Miss Sara -
    Glad to know that you are having an amazing time and making a big difference in that little part of the world. God's blessings and grace. Martin is missing you and sharing breakfast burritos with you. Be safe and take care of each other.

    - Tia Elsa

     
  • At February 10, 2009 at 4:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I Miss You Sara Bear! I hope you're collecting those rocks for me! Bet you wouldn't change this experience for the world now huh? Now do you see why I was so jealous?! =0) Love Ya snotface.

     
  • At February 10, 2009 at 6:47 PM , Blogger Lucy I. said...

    wow sara!
    some people were in tears in the office, i sent them your blog.

    you are amazing and i love and miss you so much.

    How is the food baby? Are you getting your ketchup?

    Do me a favor just be the shinning star that you are.
    And yes you are a famous star to all of us here and the people in Africa see what we all see in you!

    MOM

     
  • At February 11, 2009 at 5:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My Sara!

    Wow! Words can not express what I am feeling at this moment for you! Aunty Vida and I are so proud of you. I know your were going to have a profound experience and that
    experience will stay with you for the rest of your life. Be safe and
    careful. God speed my Sara!

    Uncle Alex

     
  • At February 11, 2009 at 5:56 PM , Blogger tazzyelsa said...

    Hey Sara,

    I found you and i hope I'm doing this right; not too blog savvey so i hope this works. I was so impressed to read your exprience and I knew they would think you were a Star. By the way i didn't know you had another Tia Elsa??? Oh, I forgot I'm Auntie Elsa L.O.L. Anyway have you seen any Lions yet?

    Make sure you bring me back a cute bracelet or necklace either one will work :) Take care and be well xoxoxox Autie Elsa

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home